Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Hardware Configuration - 19 inch rack mount

 
















Now I have mounted the 2 stepping motors and tested again.  But it did not work.  The motor is not moving at all.  I suspected the power supply for the motors might have a problem.  So I added another power supply with 5V0 and 3V3 DVMs.  But it still did not work.  It took me sometime to find out that the problem is at the very end of the motor driver, perhaps at the ULN2803 IC.

So I have two problems so far.  First the buzzer is barely audible.  It did from time to time give a loud beep, but I could not repeat the loud beep.  I guess there is some intermittent poor connection somewhere.  Second problem is the motor problem.

I think I better to move on to the second MCP23008 for the keypad.  If the second MCP23008 is OK, then I can do a swap test to find why the MCP23008 #1 is not working with the motors.

.END



No comments:

Post a Comment