Pages

Friday, June 14, 2013

Jackson State University summer robotics program - jcolonias

Raspberry Pi Introduce yourself! by jcolonias, Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:10 pm



http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=319&sid=9231b68aea097a005d5dd872268c0db3&start=1575

Hi, I am "jcolonias", a physicist by profession, and presently the Chair of the Department of
Technology at Jackson State University (JSU), at Jackson, Mississippi, USA., and at the same time
I teach courses in robotics and numerical methods.

I am 85 years old (it is no misspell, it is 85!), and I have been working with computers since ........ 1956!

I am fortunate to have seen the evolution of these machines from their primitive state to their present development. I have been a researcher for many years (23) at the University of California at Berkeley where I did a lot of work with simulation of various physical processes with the then "main frame" computers.

I am very interested in teaching young students the art (and science) of robotics, and to that effect we have initiated a summer program inviting gifted high school students to participate in a one month long program which includes various phases of robotics. I plan to introduce the RP to this class and hopefully excited them in this technology and assist them in becoming the future roboticists.

I will be following these forums, since I am still a.....novice in this technology.

.END

No comments:

Post a Comment