Pages

Sunday, June 09, 2013

Web cam setup problem



























When I set up the Logitech webcam last evening on RPi A, I used an USB hub because RPI A has only one USB socket and I need to connect 2 things, the WiFi dongle and the webcam.  Everything went smoothly.

This morning I tried to set up the web cam in RPi B.  Since RPi B has 2 USB sockets, so I did not use a hub, but the web cam is not recognized.  I thought it is likely that RPi B is not powerful enough after driving the LAN etc.  So I thought I would need to use a hub with power.  But surprisingly, I first try the hub without power, it works!.  So it appears that the USB hub even without external power, works better than no hub.  I always thought that the USB hub without external power should be worse, especially it need extra current to drive the indicator LED.

Anyway, now I know that an USB hub might be a good thing, even without external power.

.END




No comments:

Post a Comment