Pages

Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Atten EasyScop[X installation problem

This evening I tried to install Aeen's EasyScopX, and found it not easy at all.

I could install the EasyScopX but could not connect the scope to the PC's Easy ScopX.  I did the following to try to solve the problem.

1. I visited Atten's web page to find that the EasyScopX in the CD that came with the scope is only v3.0 but the web page's version is v5.0.  So I downloaded the new 5.0 version.

2. I found the my Win 7 could not recognize the DSO's USB.  So I visited Atten's web page again, and downloaded the USB driver.  I needed to use the Control Manager and found Atten's USB driver is not installed.  So I use the Control Manager to install the USB driver that I downloaded.

3. Then I still found EasyScopX could not recognize the DSO, that means no device connected.

5. I went to the EasyScopX help page and only scrolled down then I found the "System Requirements" mentions the following.

a. NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is required.  So I downloaded it.   Then I found that the EasyScopX mentions that for Win 7, the .NET framework is already installed, and need to "UNISTALL" to use it.  This is confusing.  I am not sure if that means Win7's .NET (4.0 or others?)  need to be first uninstalled before installing .NET 3.5.  I made this guess because I found .NET3.5 does not seem to start to install.  So I tried to uninstall 4.0 first (which I installed when using Visual Studio).

b. Then I found that I also need NI VISA.  So I downloaed the 600MB+ NI VISA and now try to install it.

I hope luck is with me, ...

Update: I uninstalled .NET 4.0 and then install .NET 3.5 but .NET3.5 still does not seem have installed, because there is not installation completed message.

Then I just try to install NI VISA 5.3 but VISA says it needs .NET 4.0 (not 3.5!).  So I reinstalled 4.0.  Luckily it is easy to reinstall 4.0 because it appears that it is not really uninstalled.

Anyway, I reinstalled .NET4.0 and NI VISA immmediately returned to continued installation.

This time I again wish luck is with me, ...

.END

Atten EasyScopX help

Introduction

The EasyScopX is used to provide remote access to your oscilloscopes from a PC.It provides several functions based on graphical user interface such as oscilloscope management,SCPI tests,wave control and so on.The major interface is as below.

...

System Requirements

1、NET framework 3.5 SP1

The application you are installing requires the Microsoft .NET framework version 3.5 to run. You can download the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 package directly from Microsoft. This is a small 3 MB download with just the .NET framework installer. When you run it, the installer downloads the actual framework components that need to be installed on your computer. Once you've installed the .NET framework, you can continue installing the application.

If you plan to install version 3.5 of the .NET framework on a large number of computers, you can also download the full package of the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1. This 231 MB download comes directly from Microsoft. The small 3 MB installer likely needs to download much less than this, depending on what is already present on your computer.

2、NiVisa

The application you are installing requires the NI-VISA to run. You can download the NI-VISA package directly from http://www.ni.com/visa. at the bottom of the web, you will see the “Also see:” , then click the “Downloads” option, you will get what you want. Once you've installed the NI-VISA, you can continue installing the application.
s
3、Window XP(32 bits) or Windows Vista(32 bits/64 bits) or Windows 7(32 bits/64 bits)

4、.Net Framework was installed on the machine when installing Windows 7(64 bits) or Windows Vista(64 bits),follow next steps to use it:

       a、Open control panel,select Uninstall Program.

       b、Select Open or Close Windows Functions in the new window.

       c、Check Microsoft .Net Framework in the Windows Functions Dialog box,click OK button.


National Instruments VISA

Questions? Get real-time assistance now!

What Is VISA?

The Virtual Instrument Software Architecture (VISA) is a standard for configuring, programming, and troubleshooting instrumentation systems comprising GPIB, VXI, PXI, Serial, Ethernet, and/or USB interfaces. VISA provides the programming interface between the hardware and development environments such as LabVIEW, LabWindows/CVI, and Measurement Studio for Microsoft Visual Studio. NI-VISA is the National Instruments implementation of the VISA I/O standard. NI-VISA includes software libraries, interactive utilities such as NI I/O Trace and the VISA Interactive Control, and configuration programs through Measurement & Automation Explorer for all your development needs. NI-VISA is standard across the National Instruments product line. With NI-VISA, you can feel confident that your software development will not become obsolete as your instrumentation interface hardware needs evolve into the future.

NI-VISA 5.3 - Real-Time OS, Windows 7 64-bit/7 32-bit/Vista 64-bit/Vista 32-bit/XP/Server 2008 R2 64-bit/Server 2003 R2 32-bit

Standard Download: visa530full.exe (667.07 MB)

Checksum (MD5): c8df05c35767df2606d44673d15e8ece

Updates and Notifications:

Critical Updates and Security Notifications are posted on ni.com. Before downloading, click here to review this information.

Supporting Files:
readme.html (34 KByte)
license.rtf (105 KByte)
patents.txt (19 KByte)

Download Language: Japanese; English
Product Line: GPIB
Version: 5.3
Release date: 03-01-2013
Software type: Driver
Operating system: Real-Time OS; Windows 7 64-bit; Windows 7 32-bit; Windows Vista 64-bit; Windows Vista 32-bit; Windows XP; Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit; Windows Server 2003 R2 32-bit

Install Notes

Download and run the self-extracting executable. This will install NI-VISA 5.3 and all necessary driver files.

.END

No comments:

Post a Comment