Pages

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Guzunty Pi 8 digit LED wall clock module assembly notes































Now the Python version of Guzunty Pi 4 digit clock is more or less working OK, except from time to time it miscounts the digits, and something does not start, and need to hardware reset.

I suspect that the instability and non start problem might be caused by the very long and messy wiring from GPi to LED module.  So I am now assembling a compact 4 digit x 2 LED modules, with very short connecting wires.

I am also using 2 RPi's to test the clock problem.  In other words, I have 2 RPi's and 2 four digit LED modules which I can freely mix and match or swap to do the troubleshooting.

So far I have completed only half of the very tedious 8 digit LED module's point to point soldering.  Later I will complete the remaining half soldering work.  Then I will have 3 LED modules for pair/swap/mix and match troubleshooting.

.END

No comments:

Post a Comment