Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Guzunty Pi gz_test offline mode



I got confused about the Guzunty Pi's gz_test.  I did not understand why the frequency counters needed to be divided into 3 groups of 8 counters.  It was only when I used the scope to try to display the signal wave forms then I appreciated the grouping of counters, And why gz_test.c can be set to fast clock (about 9.6MHz), and slow clock (about 152 KHz), to let the scope and multimeter users to choose a frequency to suit their measuring tool.

I also used a 5V 32.768 MHz crystal to do offline testing.  The 32.768MHz inputs to the CPLD's RPiGPCLK0 and the CPLD counters counts to 2KHz and 15.63 Hz.

So far so good.  Now I am happy with the gz_test, and can now move on to the next core, 16o8i.

.END

No comments:

Post a Comment