Pages

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Installing Python enum package notes



I read the pip tutorial and found the thing Virtualenv a bit scary for newbies.  So I would forget the so call 
The Simple Way or the Better Way.  Instead I would use the newbie way, using pip.

Below is what I did to install pip, then enum.

1. Install pip

$ sudo easy_install pip


2. Change to root (otherwise no permission to install enum)

$ "sudo su"


3.Install enum using pip in root mode.

# sudo pip install enum


4. Exit root by rebooting (I forgot how to exit root mode!)  

#sudo reboot


5. Check if can import Enum 

$ python
Python 2.7.3 (default, Jan 13 2013, 11:20:46)
...
>>> from enum import Enum
>>>
...

pi@raspberrypi ~/python_programs/test_guzuntypi $ date
Sat Mar 30 09:07:00 UTC 2013

.END


No comments:

Post a Comment