Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Guzunty Pi SPI nSelect problem notes






My first thought on how to SPI nSelect GuzuntyPi #0 and GuzuntyP #1 is to use RPi pin24 CE0_N to select GuzuntyPi #0 and RPi pin26 CE1_N to select GuzuntyPi #1.

But GuzuntyPi's schematic does not seem to hint how to jumper set the above.

I then read the core 16o8i and 8p8i and found that both use FB4MC15 as the nSelect.  In other words both cores use the same select pin.  If one core selects CE0 and another core selects CE1, then I can use wiring to let GP0 be 0, GP1 be 1 etc.

I also found the jumper setting a bit complicated, and actually they are not by hand jumpers, but solder pads which are scary to solder.

So on second thought, I gave up the jumper select idea.  Instead, I will use external hardware logic to do the selection.  This way I can use sort of demultiplexors to cheat the Guzunty Pi that they are device 0, but actually the demultiplexor determined which is zero at a time.

.END

No comments:

Post a Comment