Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Guzunty Pi 8p8i core test failed


So I did what I remember the first thing to do, load the xsvf file.  I vaguely remember the directories I should go, so I cd, ls, and finally gz_load the xsvf file.  But the luck is not with me.  I got the error I got the very first time I tried to upload for the first time for the first board.  

I remember the first time I had a bad device.  But I already replaced it with a good device, and the second Guzunty board with the CPLD was tested OK uploading the gz_test.xsvf.

So the problem is very likely on the adapter board I just assembled.


...
pi@raspberrypi ~ $ cd Guzunty
pi@raspberrypi ~/Guzunty $ ls
Pi
pi@raspberrypi ~/Guzunty $ cd Pi
pi@raspberrypi ~/Guzunty/Pi $ ls
bill of materials  design files  README.md  schematic  src
pi@raspberrypi ~/Guzunty/Pi $ cd src
pi@raspberrypi ~/Guzunty/Pi/src $ ls
gz_16i8o  gz_24i1O  gz_25i  gz_4p8o8i  gz_arduino     gzlib    gz_test
gz_16o8i  gz_24o1I  gz_25o  gz_8p8i    gz_led_driver  gz_load
pi@raspberrypi ~/Guzunty/Pi/src $ cd gz_8p8i
pi@raspberrypi ~/Guzunty/Pi/src/gz_8p8i $ ls
gz_8p8i    gz_8p8i.rpt            gz_8p8i.ucf  gz_8p8i_wave.png  Makefile
gz_8p8i.c  gz_8p8i_testbench.vhd  gz_8p8i.vhd  gz_8p8i.xsvf
pi@raspberrypi ~/Guzunty/Pi/src/gz_8p8i $ gz_load gz_8p8i.xsvf
Guzunty loader v5.01, portions courtesy Xilinx, Inc.
XSVF file = gz_8p8i.xsvf
bcm2835_init: Unable to open /dev/mem: Permission denied
Error initializing IO. Consider using sudo.
pi@raspberrypi ~/Guzunty/Pi/src/gz_8p8i $ sudo gz_load gz_8p8i.xsvf
Guzunty loader v5.01, portions courtesy Xilinx, Inc.
XSVF file = gz_8p8i.xsvf
ERROR:  TDO mismatch and exceeded max retries
ERROR at or near XSVF command #8.  See line #8 in the XSVF ASCII file.
ERROR:  TDO mismatch and exceeded max retriesExecution Time = 0.070 seconds
pi@raspberrypi ~/Guzunty/Pi/src/gz_8p8i $ 

.END

No comments:

Post a Comment